Friday, October 18, 2013

5 THINGS that stress me out

When you live in the same body for sixteen years you figure out how it ticks, mostly. I mean, I can't say I completely understand myself yet, but I'm working on it. I know what foods make me sick and what sounds make me cringe. I know which words inspire me and that I like the feeling of heat on my back more than chill on my nose. I know these things. But when it comes to trying to decipher which kinds of things stress me out and which ones don't- it's difficult to say why it's difficult to say! I get anxious extremely easily, but here's a list of five things that I know I must stay away from or learn how to work through or else I'll be a ball of nerves forever.

1. Not being in control. This is one that I can't completely escape from, but instead have to learn to work through. I can't be in control of every situation, but I can remind myself that I've been put in some pretty amazing situations because things fell through for me on other ends.

2. Group projects. There's something about relying on other people especially when there's a lot on the line that freaks me out.

3. Being disorganized. This one I've got pretty well under control. I write everything in a planner and check it all the time so I don't forget things.

4. Letting people down. This is sometimes unavoidable, but I think it can be pretty easily side stepped by just being the best person you can be and surrounding yourself with people who are forgiving and who care about you. Easier said than done, but well worth the work.

5. Looking stupid. Alright, I know we all have our embarrassing moments. That's a given in life, but there are the kind of embarrassing moments that you can laugh through, and then there are those "cringe for a month inside every time you see that person you embarrassed yourself in front of" moments. Shudder.

No comments:

Post a Comment