Monday, October 21, 2013

5 THINGS I day dream about

If you don't know me well, then you probably don't know this about me. I'm a huge day dreamer. I can't focus to save my life even when I'm trying really hard. You can sometimes see it in my bouncing knees and tapping fingers, but mostly, my mind just wanders like crazy. Even in classes that I really love and am interested in something might trigger an idea, a thought, a place that I would rather be, and my mind just runs with it. I can't help it! My dream is to travel all over and do amazing things. How can I focus on algebra when my mind is envisioning pirate ships and sky diving? There are a lot, and I mean A LOT of different places I would love to go, but here's a list of my most frequented imaginary vacation spots.

1. California. I know this is the most cliche thing I could possibly say, but there's just something about salty waves swirling around my ankles, cool little skate shops, and that chill style that Californians are known for that I absolutely cannot resist. If I can whip out a Shaka sign and say rad without people batting an eye, I know I'm where I belong. Oh California, you're totally day dream worthy.

2. The guy I'm crushing on. I'm not even going to lie to you guys (whoever may have found their way to my blog). If I like a guy, my mind is about 50,000 times more likely to wander during class. Sorry kids. I'm not the best example on that front, but as long as you still think boys have cooties you should be OK for focusing in school.

3. Little book stores full of dusty old 50's science books. I know that's the nerdiest, but come on, the illustrations in 50's-70's time period science books (especially ones about plants and birds) are sooo cool. I would read comic books, browse through second hand Cd's and look at tacky art in Goodwill all day if I could.

4. Concerts. My own to be more specific. If you know me at all you know that I love music more than almost anything. I never thought I'd ever consider music as a serious thing, but the more I've fallen in love with creating and writing music and had the chance to perform my songs in front of people, the more I've considered being a performing artist as a real possibility. It's a dream, not a reality right now, which is why I include it here in my list of things I day dream about quite frequently. Oh man, reading my poetry for my language arts class is fulfilling, but can you imagine how wonderful it would be to play your work in front of a concert audience? Sigh.

5. Summer camp. Ever since the enormous dark green pine trees, colorful woven friendship bracelets, and creaky white washed cabins at Clear Creak summer camp grabbed my imagination as a fifth grader, I've always dreamed of being the camp counselor that every kid looked up to. There's just something really amazing to me about scary stories told by girls hanging out of bunk beds at night and spending long days in the warm sun with kids you click with but have never met before. Summer camp will always feel like home to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment